SUPPORT NINE TO FIVE

My Real Life "Log Book" of Updates

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Edward McVady, Aug 15, 2019 at 7:56 PM.

1. Edward McVady

Edward McVady CEO of McVady Solutions, Inc.
    Executive Sponsor Beta Access Citizen

Figured there have been a few really great posts of "log books" and diaries based in game, however I don't have many in game pictures to reference.

I happened to find a bunch of old photos of my setup in real life and how its evolved, so I figured I'd share it to maybe give some inspiration to never give up on your goals until you are happy with the results.

This is my first ever setup, terrible lighting, ugly furniture 2 iMacs and a laptop. Gaming on Mac's sucks!

1.png

This was the next evolution. Finally built a micro custom PC and got some cheap crappy monitors. Still used the iMac for the recording studio.

2.jpg

Finally got another crappy monitor to fill the holes in my nifty graphics card.

3.jpg

"Upgraded" to a TV for gaming. Was mostly playing rocket league so having a big monitor was cool.

4.jpg

Next evolution was my cool "glass front" computer build. Wanted to clean things up, so I wall mounted some new monitors. Got my first 144hz monitor for CS:GO here as well.

5.jpg

Wideshot and showing one more monitor added "just because" I had another slot to fill.

6.jpg

This was my first "real" upgrade to my PC. Went from the ugly NZXT case to a full glass and metal InWin case. Also, this could now run my recording suite, so I mounted my giant HS8's to the wall above me.

7.jpg

Added a fourth monitor, again, just because I could and had slots to fill.

8.jpg

This is where I finally upgraded the room itself, got some better quality recessed lighting installed. Really helped a lot!

9.jpg

Then I wanted to start streaming. So of course, added studio lighting and a green screen!

10.jpg

Cameron Little and Lyonel Ceasar like this.
  2. Edward McVady

This was my first Major Renovation to the studio. This was completed a few months ago (July 2019).

Removed all the overhead ugly cabinets, painted, removed the washer/dryer and opened up the room a bit more. Also got my first major update to the computer in a while, 2k ultrawide 120hz monitor.

11.jpg

Which leaves the final renovation. I removed the ugly countertop, all the under storage cabinets and ordered a custom butcher block wood desk. Added some metal legs and under mounts to the wall and built a Second PC to the left for VR Gaming and High FPS Shooters. Also added a 165hz 2k Monitor to that build.

12.jpg

I hope you all have enjoyed my journey so far! I still have a few things in the works so I'll continue to update this post :smile:

3. Edward McVady

4. Chris Axel

Chris Axel USCG St.59 Commander
    Coast Guard Sponsor Beta Access Citizen Registered

This is actually really cool man. Nice

Edward McVady likes this.
  5. Dima Boden

Dima Boden Lieutenant, Director of Aero-Medical Operations
    Fire & Rescue Beta Access Citizen Registered

what... do you do... for a living...

This is like 12 year old me's ultimate dream, never could do the renovating part but i got a little on the track lmao

6. Edward McVady

Thanks man, the ideas for the log books were great. Not sure who started it but I enjoy seeing everyone elses time here!

I'm an insurance agent, that's my day job. This also wasn't just overnight, this was over the course of the last 4-5 years or so. The renovating actually wasn't too bad. The hardest part was moving the giant censored countertop!! It weighed around 125 pounds and is one solid piece of wood at 12 feet in length lmao! Plus, we cut it a half inch too long, so we had to take it back out, cut more off, then bring it back in...was a mess.

Dima Boden likes this.
  7. Justin Hank

Justin Hank Sheriff's Department Public Relations Lead
    Sheriff's Department Beta Access Citizen Registered

Wow! That is a great set up.

Edward McVady likes this.
  8. Edward McVady

Thanks man!